Sunday, February 20, 2011

Recommended Reading

I will start by recommending some books that have somehow had an effect on me. Some were very eye-opening, while others were insteresting just because I could relate. Enjoy!

High Stakes: Poverty, Testing, and Failure in American Schools

I am currently reading High Stakes and can hardly put it down. It takes place in Louisiana and is a true account of what really happens in our schools preparing for the test. Love it!

So Much Reform, So Little Change: The Persistence of Failure in Urban Schools

Dr. Payne is my new hero. I read this over the summer (2010) and really enjoyed it.



Savage Inequalities should be required reading for anyone working in politics or education.
Measuring Up: What Educational Testing Really Tells Us

Pedagogy of the Oppressed: 30th Anniversary Edition

Left Back: A Century of Battles over School  Reform
In Defense of Our Children: When Politics, Profit, and Education Collide

No comments:

Post a Comment