Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ok, I lied...

Apparently I do have some fight left in me. After many encouraging words, a great quote, and a great book, I realized that I chose to fight this battle and I don't want to stop.

I highly recommend reading In Defense of Our Children: When Politics, Profit, and Education Collide by Elaine Garan. The book is very accessible and easy to read, yet is packed with facts and questions we need to know.


"Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."
~ Robert F. Kennedy

1 comment:

  1. I just started following your blog and I really hope you continue. My husband and I have been wholeheartedly trying to find a way to fight the "education" that is being shoved down our children's throats ever since my oldest daughter started kindergarten. We even homeschooled for 2 years but my daughter begged to go to school and, although I hate to admit it, it has helped her tremendously in the social and emotional areas. But, sadly, the intellectual level is sorely lacking. After reading you blog posts, I cried. I cried because you so eloquently put into words my greatest concerns and fears. I cried because you expressed in words the frustration I feel every day when my little girl tells me what she did in class. I cried for all of the children who are being "dumbed down" and "mass produced" into "good, obeying citizens" that do not question the methods of the "higher powers". I applaud you in your fight and I hope you continue to inspire people out there to fight that fight with you!

    ReplyDelete